- Execute GUM-B by the "gumb" script or to execute and read in data file use
- For additional information on customization, GUI's, and basic controls,
read GUM-B help.
- Open Data File: depress Read (Ctrl-R)
Set directory field to "~remo/pub/*.*" and hit return. Select Nozzle_post.igs
in the Files list by double clicking or single click and depress OK. "Format
of data" is a list of the type of input files read into GUM-B. The reader is
- Specify gluing tolerence (default = 1.e-06). This determines if vertices or
edges become glued. If curves/faces are not glued, face/blocks can not be
created, thus not allowing for block-to-block connectivity between regions.
This could be considered the allowable error in the grid generation.
- This step is not necessary but will allow you to follow the tutorial better.
- Depress the Set Orientation/Information button
- Under Display Information, set Face... to ID.
- Under Display Information, set Edge... to ID.
- Under Display Information, set Vertex... to ID.
- You can save at any time by depressing Save (Ctrl-S). Goto to the directory of
your choice and type your filename in the selection field with an .igs suffix
to save the geometry model. Once you create grid topology or manually glue,
you will want to save a .gum-b save state file.
- There is no UNDO operation. Objects can be deleted by selecting them and
depressing Delete. Cannot undo a deletion.
Some functions have a compliment function. For example, split and union.